Parents Connect is a group of parents of children of all ages with the purpose of connecting to God and each other. The group meets monthly for parent-focused formation where they discuss a topic with clergy and other experts in the parish. On other Sundays they meet in the Parents Connect room for fellowship, support, and coffee. Parents Connect has also enjoyed family service activities, family-oriented socials, dinner groups, and educational opportunities.
- Monthly Discussion—on the first Sunday of every month Parents Connect hosts a parent-focused discussion led by clergy and other experts in the Parish
- Annual Book Study—every Winter, Parents Connect chooses a parent/family focused book to read independently and discuss during a monthly formation session
- Sunday Fellowship—on Sunday mornings without a formal discussion, parents are invited to the Parents Connect Room for fellowship and coffee
- Fall/Spring/Summer Event—every Fall, Spring, and Summer Parents Connect hosts a fellowship event. These have included backyard BBQs, family-oriented brewery trips, and parents’ wine nights
- Dinner Groups—parents and families participate in parish-wide dinner groups annually
- Mom’s Night Out—Parents Connect moms gather bi-monthly for dinner and fellowship
Social Justice & Outreach Events
- Fall/Spring/Summer Event—every Fall, Spring, and Summer Parents Connect hosts an event focused on the social justice & outreach ministries at St. Peter’s. These have included food drives, Room in the Inn, and participation in the Pride & MLK parades
For more information, please contact Erin Chantry (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please join the Parents Connect group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ groups/1589683324658490/.