Parents Connect is a group of parents of children of all ages with the purpose of connecting to God and each other. The group seeks to create a place where parents can find a spiritual home of support and love as we raise our children in community. Parents Connect enjoys formation and formal discussion, family service and social justice activities, family-oriented socials, dinner groups, and educational opportunities.
Sunday Mornings & Parents Connect Formation
Every Sunday in September-May, parents of children of all ages meet in the Parents Connect Room on the second floor of the Parish House for fellowship, coffee, and conversation. On the first Sundays of every month Parents Connect hosts a parent-focused discussion led by clergy and other experts in the congregation, sometimes based on suggested (not required) study. Sunday mornings with Parents Connect is a place to connect with other parents in love, support, and community.
Parents Connect Events
- Social Events – every fall, spring, and summer Parents Connect hosts a social event for parents and their families. These have included backyard BBQs, family-oriented brewery trips, and parents’ wine nights.
- Social Justice & Outreach Events – every fall, spring, and summer Parents Connect hosts an event focused on the social justice our outreach ministries at St. Peter’s. These have included food drives, service visits to charitable organizations, and participation in the Pride and MLK Parades.
- Dinner Groups – parents and families participate in parish-wide dinner groups annually.
- Mom’s Night Out – Parents Connect moms gather bi-monthly for dinner and fellowship.
- July 14 – Parents Connect Summer Family Breakfast
- August 18 – Hospitality Tent at the Charlotte Pride Parade
- August 25 – Kickoff Sunday (Formation and Sunday Morning Fellowship begins)
- October 19 – Parents Connect Fall Family Pumpkin Party
- December – Parents Connect visit to The Urban Ministry Center
- January – Family Social Justice Movie Night: Screening of “Small Foot” and Discussion
- March 13-15 – Parish Trip to Kanuga (special programming for families)
- April 12 – Flowering of the Easter Cross
- May – Parents Connect visit to The Galilee Center Community Garden
- June – Parish Picnic